As a mechanical Design Engineer with this comapny you will be required to have a background in the automotive industry using Catia V5 within a BIW Tooling company. This challenging role requires an HNC or higher in Mechanical engineering with experience of tooling and welding jigs, fixtures and special purpose machines gained within the automotive industry.
The Company designs, sources and manages production technology for a leading global automotive OEM with the aim of creatinga high efficiency production line.
Mechanical Design Engineer responsibilities include:
Mechanical design of body equipment: primarily welding jigs, fixtures, special purpose machines and robot cells. Additionally paint process equipment, final assembly and testing equipment,.
– Weld fixtures and equipment design. (Welding of individual panel parts to form sub assembles)
– Special purpose machines welding & assembly frame
– Mechanical design, detailing, assembly drawing, bill of materials and geometrical tolerancing.
– Design of machined and fabricated components.
– Creation of sequence charts and pneumatic diagrams.
– 3D Solid Modeling.
– Awareness of project control via schedules, cost tracking and manpower allocation.
– Awareness of hydraulic, pneumatic and basic electrical control systems.
– Demonstrate experience of problem solving and implementation of successful countermeasures.
ideal candidate for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer:
HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Catia V5 is a MUST.
– Good team member and communication skills are a must.
– Must be proactive, assertive, open and responsive to change.
– Ability to work under pressure and to a tight timescale
– Experience in controlling, leading and supervising contractors and temporary staff would be an advantage.
– Willingness to work extra hours when required.
– Flexible and adaptable to constantly changing requirements of the business (bank holiday, weekend working if required)
Attractive basic salary or hourly contract rate
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.