An exciting opportunity has become available for a Powertrain Test Systems Engineer to join the Powertrain department at this leading vehicle testing facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of emission and fuel consumption testing from an Engineering perspective; including liaising with the client, working with the technicians to deliver the project, overseeing the vehicle preparation, equipment installation, testing, and then formulating and validating test results into data packs and test reports.
– Provide all technical support for the Engineering team preparing Powertrain Facilities to perform tests activities according to customer requirements.
– Provide engineering support for the Powertrain equipment and test engineers.
– Assure all instruments are calibrated and producing reliable data.
– Setup emission systems according to requirements.
– Program test scheduling in automation systems.
– Adjust engines and vehicle numeric models to run properly in test beds.
– Manage test facilities data servers making all data secure and accessible to right personnel.
– Engineering Degree. MSc in automotive field would be advantageous.
– Must have experience with engine development test beds.
– Instrumentation experience (Thermocouples, pressure transducers etc.)
– Test cell conditioning systems such Combustion Air, Charge Air, Cell Air.
– Use of test bed controls (PID controls, throttle control, fuel handling.)
– Automotive background preferably in an engine testing environment.
– Required knowledge in following systems:
– AVL PUMA;
– ETAS INCA;
– AVL INDICOM;
– AVL CONCERTO.
– AVL CAMEO;
– AVL SANTORIN;
– HORIBA STARS / SPARC;
– Blow-by meters;
– Particle Counters;
– AVL i60 emission system;
– AVL iGEM.
IT desirable skills:
– Computer network knowledge (TCP/IP);
– PC and network devices hardware;
– Security and access control management;
– Script and code programming.
– Excellent attention to detail
– Proactive in finding solutions
– Good understanding of H&S practices
– Analytical thinking
– Flexibility to travel as and when required
– Full UK driving licence
– Willing to undergo a Basic Disclosure (DBS) check
– Working Environment: Lab/Test Cell/Office
– Attractive salary
– Overtime (1.5 times hourly rate subject to approval)
– Life assurance
– Cash back healthcare scheme
– Health screening
– 25 days increasing to 30 days with service
– Salary exchange scheme – childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme
– Discounts with retailers and service providers
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.