This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class team responsible for delivering 10 million high performance electronic power packs per year globally for automotive electric steering. Our client is one of the worlds largest producers of electric steering systems supplying many global vehicle manufacturers. The electronically controlled motor drive (the electronic power pack, or EPP) for these products is designed in the company's prestigious technical centre in Solihull.
New business wins have created the need to further strengthen the management of design from concept through to product delivery. This role offers the opportunity to be a key team technical leader, developing ECUs with integrated motor drive for safety critical systems.
Your Tasks as Product Development Manager:
– You will define engineering deliverables and manage them through to completion in close collaboration with other teams, including purchasing and manufacturing
– Plan and drive progress of design and test
– Manage system integration, also with regard to safety, quality assurance, and test and validation
– Direct mechanical, electronic, software & motor teams
– Prepare presentation material to effectively communicate technical subject matter to audiences at customer, working and senior management level
Your Profile as Product Development Manager:
– Engineering degree at bachelors level or equivalent
– Experience in Electronic design and development, at best in several engineering disciplines
– Knowledge in mechanical design and tooling is very welcomed
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills
– Willingness to travel globally
– Attractive basic salary
– Private health care
– Life Assurance
– 25 days holidays + 8 stat days
– Personal training and development plan
– Subsidised canteen
– Free parking
– Childcare vouchers
– Bike to work scheme
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.