As the Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer with a leading global powertrain consultancy you will support customers on vehicle electrification projects with Power Electronics, design of high voltage (power supplies, DCDC converters, inverters, chargers) components and hybrid vehicle supervisory control development. This challenging role requires good understanding of power electronics and hybrid components fundamentals, ability to comprehensively understand customer requirements.
Our client is the world's largest privately owned and independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines, E-mobility applications as well as instrumentation and test systems.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer:
– Support in the design of electronic prototypes and production units used by the OEM customer in their electrification programmes.
– Modelling, simulation, analysis, integration of various hybrid components and to provide guidance to customer on the most suitable technology and design for each application.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer:
– Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Engineering or similar
– Broad hardware (analogue and digital) electronic engineering design skills
– Strong communication, teamwork, leading and Project Management skills and abilities
– Analytical and conceptual capabilities
– Good written and oral English
– Confident in presenting to management and technical specialists
– Experience in rapid prototyping systems, DOORS, Simulink, Matlab, Vector tools and a hardware design simulation tool.
– GBP40 to GBP45k
– Relocation package
– Company contributory pension scheme
– PMI + cashplan
– Life assurance (3x annual salary)
– Professional memberships (e.g. IMechE)
– Internal and external training
– 22 days holiday increasing by 1 day a year to a max. of 28 days
– Child care vouchers
– Bike to work scheme