Technically we are looking for an experienced software engineer with proven ability; significant experience and extensive knowledge in at least one technical field. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, you, as the Lead Software Engineer will be expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems. This role provides an opportunity for autonomous working as well as providing mentoring to less experienced colleagues.
Our client is established in the automotive market as a high-competence, high-quality and effective organisation. The company supports its customers across a variety of topics with a major focus on advanced embedded systems.
Your role as Lead Engineer:
– Write and test software to meet defined specifications
– Design, write and test software from imprecise specifications
– Take responsibility for the delivery of components of software within the team
– Participate in and lead code reviews
– Write detailed technical specifications for software components, based on domain knowledge and best practice
– Contribute to user documentation for software products
– Supervise other people's work and input into project planning meetings
– Create, deliver and work to a defined project plans
– Analyse complex or imprecisely-specified requirements from customers
– Create detailed / complex specifications for entire software products
– Supervise the team as a whole, as well as individuals Responsible for the delivery of the team technically
– Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components, deliver product prototypes
– Write proposals or papers for publication
– Make (technical) presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers
– Maintain positive client interactions
– Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance
– Good degree (or PhD – desirable) in an engineering discipline e.g. computer science, control engineering/theory, electronics
– Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
– Solid experience as a Software developer
– Good knowledge of at least one relevant programming language and ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
– Good understanding of SW life cycle (waterfall, Agile)
– Possess a positive attitude, and bility to “think outside the box
– Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers; providing advice, training and technical support for various projects
– Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs
– Attractive basic salary
– Private health care
– Life Assurance
– 25 days holidays + 8 stat days
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.