Join a world leader in automotive safety systems! This is an exciting new career opportunity for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer to take the next step up to Senior Engineer level. Our client is seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer at their Technical Centre in the West Midlands to lead projects involving the development of electronic circuit systems. Responsible to the relevant Applications Team Leader, you will be part of a group developing ECU designs for a range of products covering the company's portfolio of electrical power steering products. You will undertake ECU application design and development activities for market leading EPS solutions in a dynamic, multi-project, multi-disciplined, safety related product environment.
The role requires a strong understanding of high volume electronic design (covering many areas – from microcontrollers to power electronics).
As part of this team, you will develop your expertise in:
– Electronic Circuit Design: Development of electronic circuit designs, covering a wide range of digital and analogue technologies, for high volume, safety critical automotive control systems.
– Good understanding of electronic components and manufacturing assembly techniques and processes
– Electronic Circuit Analysis: Tolerancing and worse case analysis using various simulation (e.g. Saber, Spice) and analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Mathcad)
– Safety and Reliability Analysis: Performing FMEA, FTA, reliability analysis in support of ISO 26262/IEC61508 work packages and analysis
– Generation of requirements, design documents and test documents: Generating documentation in support of company procedures and engineering design and development activities
– Validation, Verification and Test: Generate test plans and conduct validation/verification/test programmes to ensure designs are fit for purpose and conform to design requirements
– Manage other team members, contract functions, project and component development activities
– Support customer and suppliers
– Support the introduction of EPS ECUs into mass production at electronic production plants worldwide
What we are looking for
– Educated to degree level (in a relevant subject)
– Experience in electronic design, analysis and validation in a high volume and/or high reliability market
– Experience in key safety analysis processes (e.g. FMEA)
– Excellent communication skills; particularly reporting
– Self-motivated with a willingness to push existing boundaries and learn/develop new skills
– Willing and able to travel overseas (to support customers, suppliers and manufacturing sites etc.)
– Member of relevant professional body (e.g. IET)
– Experience in key safety analysis processes (e.g. ISO 26262, FMEA, FTA etc.)
– Automotive system and design experience (e.g. requirements, processes and tools)
– Attractive basic Salary
– Paid overtime
– Private healthcare
– Life Assurance
– 25 days holiday + 8 stat days
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.